HELPING YOU STAY CONNECTED
WELCOME TO THE Y
We’re an inclusive organization of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
THE Y IS FOR EVERYONE
The Mecklenburg County YMCA is committed to servicing the communities within Mecklenburg and the surrounding counties. Our Mission: To Put Christian Principles Into Practice Through Programs That Build a Healthy Spirit, Mind and Body For All. At the Y, Strengthening Community is our CAUSE! At the Mecklenburg County YMCA, we offer a variety of programs, services and initiatives to insure that we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. Please visit each department page to find more information on specific programs.
Clarksville: Monday – Thursday 6 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Friday 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Chase City: Monday – Thursday 6 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Friday 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Healthy Kids Day 2014
The Mecklenburg County’s Healthy Kids Day takes place at the Chase City YMCA from 11 a.m. -2 p.m. It is a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active. YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® , the Y’s national initiative to improve families’ health and well-being, features games, arts and crafts and more to motivate and teach families how to develop a healthy routine at home.
YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day, celebrated at nearly 1,600 Ys across the country, aims to get more kids moving and learning, so they can keep up the habit all summer long – a critical out-of-school time for kids’ health. Research shows that without access to out-of-school physical and learning activities, kids fall behind academically. Kids also gain weight twice as fast during summer than the school year.
In celebration of YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day, the Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development.
- Foster an Early and Onging Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs. Bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Lead By Example – Be a good role model – kids can be influenced by seeing how hard their parents work at home or on the job, and how rewarding that experience is.
We are selling T- Shirts at both Clarksville and Chase City YMCA’s! Sizes range from Small-3X.
Cost is $7.00- Come get yours today!!